The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India is promoting the use of solar power systems in the country in a big way. They provide subsidies and incentives, and tax rebates for people using solar panels under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission. Given the interest in this renewable source of energy, the price per unit has fallen by half from 2013 – from Rs.10-12 per unit to Rs.4.63 per unit in 2015.
The fall in prices per unit, coupled with a decrease in the prices of solar panels in the global market, things are looking ‘bright’ for the future of solar power. In addition, the government is firm about installing at least 100GW of solar power capacity by the year 2022, which happens to be the largest expansion of renewable energy capacity anywhere in the world. These factors have increased the desire and will of investors to pump money into this sector, keeping the price per unit low. At such prices, the installation of solar power systems seem to make a lot of sense and more consumers are bypassing the supply of electricity by utility companies and going solar instead.
- Average savings of about Rs.27000 per year
- Saving continue for the entire ‘life’ of the system, which is at least 25 years
- Little or no maintenance required
- Government schemes to ensure maximum benefits – net metering, tax rebates
- Easy availability of loans with EMI facility reduce the need to pay the full amount required to install the system
- Experts to help prospective users with the entire process including documentation and free assessment and quote of the system required
- Increases the value of your home
However, the biggest advantage of installing a solar panel is that the power behind it is the sun – and sunlight is free! Solar panels produce enough power to run your home for up to 8 hours, meaning that you pay utility companies practically nothing for electricity and the cost of energy never rises for the users. With the high durability and long life of solar panels, the initial cost of these panels would pay for themselves within a few years.
Please connect with us – give us a call on the number provided or fill in the inquiry form and you will receive a quick reply from a company representative. Our mission at Start Solar is to ensure that solar energy becomes an affordable source even for the masses, by tightly managing our own costs so that the savings pass on to you – our valued customers.